Church of Our Lady Before Týn
On the site of a Romanesque hospital church, construction of the Týn Church (Kostel Matky Boží před Týnem) began in the mid-14th century. The church was completed during the reign of King George of Poděbrady.
On the shield was a statue of King George, known as the Hussite king, and a large chalice, the symbol of communion in both kinds. In 1626, the sculpture of the king was replaced by one of the Virgin Mary, and the chalice was melted down and made into a halo.