6. 11. 2013
In 1869 the castle and the Lipnice town below it burned down.
The fi re was viewed with horror by the whole region. The burned ruin remained abandoned for half a century. After the First World War, the Club of Czechoslovak Tourists bought it for 100 Czech Crowns and gradual reconstruction has been continuing up to now.
Seven centuries of Czech history have been inscribed into the wall of one of the most gigantic Czech aristocratic castles. Since the 14th century it resisted invasions on its rocky bump between two hills and it guarded as a sentry the surrounding silver mines and merchant routes which interlaced the area of the river Sázava at the boundary of the Czech Kingdom and the Margraviate of Moravia.